Next class starts on July 13, 2022
Hawaii Institute of Hair Design is a hairstyling school that has been training students in the art of hairstyling for more than 50 years. The school is located in the heart of downtown Honolulu in order to provide as many live patrons for student practice as possible.
Through a personal tour of the school, one can observe the careful supervision and modern instruction given by the school faculty. Whether it’s men’s or women’s hair designing, the profession is one with many opportunities.
There is a lot of public interest in health, grooming, and individualized styling in both men’s and women’s hair designs. This creates an increasing demand and opportunity for well-trained, versatile professionals who understand the science and the art of our industry.
Consider being part of an exciting field of endeavor, where your artistic ability and professionalism will bring high rewards. There have been many changes over the years, and today’s approach is highly technical and scientifically sound.
The public’s constant desire for something new enables the stylist’s artistic abilities and creativity to fully express themselves. The greatest strength of our program is our highly advanced technique in stylized haircutting. As a barber stylist you will be licensed to apply all the chemical products available for coloration, straightening and curling of hair. We train you on various methods, so that you will be very versatile.
GRANTS AND LOANS
The Hawaii Institute of Hair Design is an eligible institution under the following programs:
- Pell Grant
- Supplementary Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program
SPECIAL EVENTS & CLASSES
WHAT TO BRING
- Picture ID requirement (HI DL, State ID, Passport, etc.)
- TB Clearance Certificate – dated within 12 months of class date
- MMR Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunization Clearance
- High School Diploma or Equivalent or GED
- $25 Registration Fee. Cash or Check
- For Financial Aid application you will need your tax documents from 2 years prior and ss card.